This 18th century building was once a barn for sheep (bergerie) artfully restored to a charming 3 bedroom villa. Shade trees and Provencal green shutters will give you a real feeling of the South of France. Facing the southern garden on two sides, you have wonderful views from every window of this house.
Staying in la Bergerie, located on the historic estate of Moulin de la Roque, you will be ideally placed between Saint-Remy-de-Provence, Avignon, the Luberon, Chateauneuf du Pape and the Pont du Gard. All are just an easy short drive away.
Entering the house from the garden, you will find a spacious but cozy living area with fireplace built into a natural stone arc, once used as a kiln for the old tuilerie (to fire the old roof tiles). There is spacious and comfortable seating for all. In the salon, you will find a flat screen television, telephone and wifi access. There is also a wash basin and separate toilet room on this floor.
The dining area includes a large old oak table coming from the château of the parents of Baron Fallon. A window looks out to the south garden bringing in plenty of sunlight. A serving bar separates the dining area and an ample fully equipped kitchen, complete with dishwasher, microwave, and washing machine. Beside the kitchen, you will have convenient access to your large private stone terrace with teak furniture, wysteria covered pergola and barbecue. Your view on the southern garden is stunning.
On the second floor there are three comfortable bedrooms all decorated in the traditional Provencal style. All three bedrooms could be either king or 2 single beds. There is full bath on this floor with a tub/shower, a private toilet room and another bathroom with a italian shower.
- Private stone terrace (facing south) covered with Wysteria.
- Teak table, chairs and lounge chairs
- Wysteria covered pergolla
- Cozy living area with original stone fireplace, beamed ceilings, comfortable large sofa:
- Flat screen TV,
with DVD player
- private phone
- Stereo Radio/CD
(connection USB & SD card, MP3 compatible)
- WIFI Internet access
- Charming dining area with antique oak table and chairs.
- Fully equipped kitchen with microwave, dishwasher and washing machine separated by an oak serving bar.
- Half bath (toilet room with wash basin)
- Bedroom 1 : 2 single beds or 1 kingsize bed upon request, bright provencal fabric, armoir and window to southern lawn.
- Bedroom 2 : 2 single beds or 1 kingsize bed upon request, large window to southern garden, bright and cheerful fabrics.
- Bedroom 3 : 2 single beds or 1 kingsize bed upon request, private shower and wash basin, window to southern garden.
- Full bath with shower/tub and wash basin
- Separate toilet room