La Maison du Meunier
2 bedrooms - 4
persons - 920 sq.ft / 85 m2
Quality label : 4 épis - 4 stars (before last restoration)
-- new restoration in 2011 --
This adorable cottage, built in the early 19th century, was home to the head miller responsible for all the activities of running MOULIN DE LA ROQUE. It is perfect for the small family, romantic couple, or traveling friends. Standing alone and separated from the other cottages, there is a nice view of the estate, the southern garden and lawn and the stream behind. The stone terrace is covered with wisteria which is stunning when in bloom and when not, provides nice shade and cool ambiance.
You can enter this house off your stone terrace complete with teak furniture and barbecue. A private parking area is adjacent and allows for an additional entrance into the living area. The living area with original wood beamed ceilings is wonderfully cozy and decorated with antiques from Baron Fallon's family, which you will see present in most of the cottages and lodgings. A fireplace also adorns this lovely room.
The separate eat-in kitchen has a wonderful ambiance. There is a dishwasher, microwave and anything else you may need to prepare your Provencal cuisine. Tile floors and counter tops and an original stone wall add to the charming quality of this house. A extra room has been attached to expand the storage, and include a larger fridge / freezer and a washing machine.
Upstairs you will find two bedrooms with exposed beamed ceilings and original stone walls. Cheerful Provencal fabric adornes the windows. Relax as you open the windows and hear the flowing stream as you sleep.
There is one full bathroom complete in marble with tub/shower and wash basin and a private toilet room separate from the bath.
This house is warm, cozy and is a true piece of Provencal paradise.
- Private terrace with arbor, facing south
- Teak table and chairs
- Terrace is covered by a Wisteria covered frame
- small annex for storing wood for the chimney, outdoor cushions.
- Cozy charming living area with fireplace :
- Flat screen TV,
with DVD player
- private phone
- Stereo Radio/CD
(connection USB & SD card, MP3 compatible)
- WIFI Internet access
- Two entrances, one to your private parking, another through large french doors from your Wisteria covered stone terrace. NIce views of the southern garden.
- Powder room (toilet with wash basin)
- Fully equipped eat in kitchen with microwave, gaz cooktop, convention oven and dishwasher.
- A rear kitchen with refridgerator/freezer, washing machine, extra storage and food prep area.
- Bedroom 1 : Nice room with views of the southern gardens, beamed cathedral ceilings and orignal stone walls. King bed or two singles
- Bedroom 2 : King bed or 2 single beds, cathedral beamed ceilings and original stone walls. Possible to put a third bed if requested (see rate).
- Full bathroom in Travertine marble with shower/tub and granite bowl sink..
- Separate toilet room
Ref : 230207