4 bedrooms - 8 persons -1400 sq.ft / 130 m2
Quality label : 4 épis - 4 stars
At the beginning of the 17th century, a traditional tile works (tuilerie) was built along the hillside (la roque). Its two tile kilns stayed in activity until the 19th century, producing traditional Roman tiles. The two kilns are still visible today and are located at the base of this cottage. The ancient tile works have been completely restored and Baron Fallon has designed the living space on three levels. This beautiful house will give you a taste of the Provencal "art de vivre."
From the center courtyard, you enter La Tuilerie on the ground floor through a lovely arched antique door, a signature of the estate. A beautiful curved staircase with custom ironwork brings you to the main floor. On this level, you will see a full wall of glass french windows and doors providing you access and beautiful views of your stone terrace and the adjacent forest. Your terrace is furnished with a large teak table and chairs shaded by a colorful parasol. Built into this terrace is a stone barbecue/fireplace.
Convenient to your terrace, on this main level you will find a large dining area with orginal stone walls, antique oak table dining table and large buffet. The kitchen just adjacent has old world charm and is equipped with all the modern appliances you will need to prepare and enjoy a wonderful provencal meal..
Continuing up this unique curving staircase from the kitchen and dining area you reach the third level or the living area where you will find a cosy space with fireplace, TV, private phone and views of the forest. It is nicely secluded from the rest of the house for separate entertaining of the children or if you just want to get away to read and relax. There is an additional access to the terrace from this area.
La Tuilerie had four bedrooms, two full baths and two separate toilet rooms. On the main level you will find two bedrooms, each with a sink (for extra convenience but cleverly hidden by provençal fabric) and views to the center courtyard and southern garden. These two bedrooms share a full bath with shower, private toilet and washing machine. The additional two bedrooms and bath are located on the ground level, each include a hidden sink and share a full bath with tub/shower and private toilet room.
- Private terrace, facing south
- Teak table, umbrella and chairs
- Large fully equipped kitchen with microwave, dishwasher, stove, cook top and large antique oak table. There is access to the terrace and barbecue through large french doors off of the kitchen.
- Bedroom 1 : Luminous room with king bed, with hidden wash basin, lovely provencal fabric,windows to center courtyard garden and southern lawn.
- Bedroom 2 : Cheerful, windows to southern garden, 2 single beds (can be king upon request) and hidden wash basin. Provencal fabrics.
- Adjacent bath with shower, washing machine, wash basin
- Separate toilet room
- Large open living room with comfortable seating arrangement and old stone fireplace :
- Flat screen TV,
with DVD player
- private phone
- Stereo Radio/CD
(connection USB & SD card, MP3 compatible)
- WIFI Internet access
- External staircase to terrace
- Bedroom 3 : King bed, with private with hidden wash basin, armoir and provencal fabric.
- Bedroom 4 : Single beds (can be king upon request) and hidden private wash basin.
- Bath with tub/shower and sink
- Separate toilet room
- Main entrance to center courtyard
Ref : 230207